Thursday, November 3, 2011

Mam;s Baby Mittens

Our Mam was the most amazing woman, when each of us
were born she would unravel a sweater recycle the yarn and make baby
mitts. She knit them flat. I redesigned them to be knit in the round.
When each of her grandchildren were born my Mam had the mittens made
and even though the need was no longer there, she still made them out of recycled
sweaters. Unfortunately when my children were born , our Mam was watching from above.
On the day of the delivery I was handed a box, the note was in
my Mam's handwriting and there were the mittens. The ones I thought My children would
not have. I was then handed another box and in it was one of my Mam's cashmere
jumpers with a note here is for you to make the ones I can't be there for.
So I give you a gift that every child should be lucky enough to receive.
A gift of love.


Mam's Baby Mitts 

2 comments:

  1. this is so beautiful.
    Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing ....I think this will be a new tradition for me!

    ReplyDelete